|Education through information, inspiration and skill sharing. What do you think?
Related posts and comments follow below:
Links related to Education
- Centre for Alternative Technology- The Centre for Alternative Technology, based in Wales, has pioneered many alternative building techniques and forms of alternative energy. They publish many excellent books on a wide variety of topics and run courses.
- Chris Martenson's Crash Course- An American take on the converging lines of economics, peak oil and environment - 20 short videos on what is going on and where it is headed - and why the next 20 years will be very different from the last.
- Chyan- Chyan Cultural Centre and Community Field. Chyan Community Field is a vibrant, well used project with visitors from near and far. Courses include fruit tree pruning and grafting, herbal medicines, growing winter veg, composting, cob building, micro-generation, dowsing, organic dyes, willow basket making, living willow sculptures, polytunnel growing as well as lots of community events.
- Climate Change Course- Online Course offered by FutureLearn and Exeter University. Explore the potential solutions to climate change and how they relate to the UN's sustainable development goals.
- Climate Radio- This is the permanent archive of programmes made under the Climate Radio umbrella from 2003 to 2015 by independent journalist Phil England.
- Community Energy Plus- CEP is a registered charity and 'profit recycling' company dedicated to reducing the carbon dioxide emissions that contribute to climate change (global warming)
- Energy Beyond Oil- Supporting website for Paul Mobbs' excellent "Energy Beyond Oil" book
- Falmouth & Penryn Repair Cafe- Falmouth & Penryn's Repair Cafe at new location of Princess Pavilion, 41 Melvill Road, Falmouth. TR11 4AR
- Feasta- Feasta aims to identify the characteristics (economic, cultural and environmental) of a truly sustainable society, articulate how the necessary transition can be effected and promote the implementation of the measures required for this purpose.
- FRAW- Paul Mobbs' Free Range Activism Website
- Instructables- Find out how to make practically anything yourself!
- Low Impact Living Initiative- The Low Impact Living Initiative (LILI) runs courses and publishes information on low-impact building techniques such as strawbale, cob, timber, and on all sorts of things including making your own biodiesel, renewable energy etc.
- Plants For A Future- Plants For A Future is a resource centre for rare and unusual plants, particularly those which have edible, medicinal or other uses. We practise vegan-organic permaculture with emphasis on creating an ecologically sustainable environment...
- Positive News- Positive News from around the world.
- Seeds for Change- Training and Support for Grassroots Campaign groups. Seeds for Change can offer some free workshops and training for grassroots campaigners, as well as briefings and resources. We work together with activists and campaigners in the UK
- Soil Association- We are the UK's leading environmental charity promoting sustainable, organic farming and championing human health.
- The Hesperian Foundation- The Hesperian Foundation is a non-profit publisher of books and educational materials that help people take the lead in their own health care and organize to improve health conditions in their communities.
- The Zebra Collective- Since 2003, we have been providing training, facilitation and other services to individuals and organisations in Devon and Cornwall and nationally. The work we do is guided by our core values of promoting equality, participation and good communication.
- Transition Culture- An evolving exploration into the head, heart and hands of energy descent
- www.somerset.coop (formerly UpStart)- A workers' co-op helping to start up and support social enterprises. Loads of downloadable resources. Very useful.
see news archive for all posts on this website.