Welcome to The Transition Guide to Buying Local in the Falmouth and Truro area
As with everything else, many of the businesses and resources listed in our database will have been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, so please check first before visiting.
The guide aims to help choose local food resources and in the process keep food and drink miles to a minimum.
Small and medium-sized Cornish food and drink producers, wholesalers and retailers make a significant contribution to the local economy and the environment:
By using this list we can keep money circulating within our own area and across Cornwall.
Fresh Cornish produce at these retailers usually has less packaging, helping to reduce waste and to create a cleaner and more sustainable environment.
Fewer food miles travelled means less carbon emissions and therefore a lower impact on our climate.
- Bakery and Confectionery: Bakers and retailers of bakery products, Confectionery producers and retailers (23 entries)
- Beverages: alcoholic and otherwise (20 entries)
- Dairy and Eggs: including ice-cream (10 entries)
- Fish and Seafood: (9 entries)
- Fruit and Veg: including fungi (7 entries)
- Meat: including poultry (10 entries)
- Preserves and Spices: including honey, condiments and oil (11 entries)
- General retailers: including general stores and online-only, markets, farm shops, pick-your-own, plastic free and zero waste, and specialists that don’t match the above categories (28 entries)
- Allotments: Allotments and Community Gardens (16 entries)
- Other: Information, Food redistribution, Social initiatives (7 entries)
- All Entries: verified TF Local Food Guide entries (142)
This Guide has been produced by members of Transition Falmouth and other local groups. Transition Groups work with their partners towards creating a low carbon future in local communities by reducing reliance on fossil fuels and promoting the circular economy.
Please let us know if you have any feedback to share about the Guide. Entries are accepted from members of the public in good faith, (E&OE). If you think we have missed a resource that isn’t on the list, you can submit your suggestions here.