|Building, construction, materials, design, community, demographics and planning are all open for discussion as we design our local powered down future. Posts related to Built Environment follow below:
Links related to Built Environment
- 12 Ambachten- Unusual eco-building techniques from this exciting Dutch website (available in English: occasional odd translation!): underground houses, tile stoves, secondary double-glazing etc.
- Ambos- Socially and environmentally aware Cohousing collective for Falmouth
- Building with Nature- A new benchmark for the design and maintenance of green infrastructure in housing and commercial development.
- Centre for Alternative Technology- The Centre for Alternative Technology, based in Wales, has pioneered many alternative building techniques and forms of alternative energy. They publish many excellent books on a wide variety of topics and run courses.
- Chyan- Chyan Cultural Centre and Community Field. Chyan Community Field is a vibrant, well used project with visitors from near and far. Courses include fruit tree pruning and grafting, herbal medicines, growing winter veg, composting, cob building, micro-generation, dowsing, organic dyes, willow basket making, living willow sculptures, polytunnel growing as well as lots of community events.
- Cornwall Sustainable Building Trust- CSBT is a charitable company committed to making building design and construction as sustainable as possible, with minimal negative impact on the environment, both locally and globally.
- Green Building Press- Books and magazines on green building. Definitive.
- Low Impact Living Initiative- The Low Impact Living Initiative (LILI) runs courses and publishes information on low-impact building techniques such as strawbale, cob, timber, and on all sorts of things including making your own biodiesel, renewable energy etc.
see news archive for all posts on this website.