Transition Falmouth Meeting 24th July 2013 at Star and Garter 7:00pm. Brief updates follow – please contact individuals mentioned for clarification and full reports.
Arts and Crafts: more info from Lorely.
- Darnit (TF Arts and Crafts group) to set a date for relaunch. Contact Lorely.
Community: more info from Lorely.
- Community Alive Falmouth: no events being organised at the moment, http://falmouthalive.org.uk still active. A block insurance for community activities is being explored.
- Free festival (as per last month) no information yet. Lorely to suggest Luc contact Source FM.
Economics: more info from Rob.
- Falmouth LETS (Local Exchange Trading Scheme) – meets every fourth Monday in the month 7:30pm at Star and Garter, and has monthly work parties most of the year. See http://falmouthlets.org.uk – More info Rob.
Education: Skilling Up: more info from Lorely.
- An ‘outdoor classroom’ is nearing completion at Trevone Trees.
- Film evening at Rob’s tba (possibly a monthly Thursday from Sept).
Energy: more info from Lorely.
- Fal Energy Partnership: http://falenergy.org.uk
- The Solar Club project ongoing.
- Coastal Communities funding bid unfortunately not successful.
- Successful meeting with Energyshare potential crowd funding project in Sept.
- Requesting a volunteer to run the communication side – media and publicity.
- Philip suggested request Tremough graduate to talk on research for Wadebridge Renewable Energy Network etc to Fal Energy Partnership.
- Philip wrote to MP re UK energy bill – no reply yet.
Food: more info from Lorely.
- Incredible Edible Penryn: very active in Penryn with several events and a major Sept event being organised. There is a Facebook page. More info from email@example.com
- Trelawney’s Field – Falmouth School purchasing the NHS site.
Health and Wellbeing: more info from Lorely.
- Date to be arranged – Green Drinks/Book Club – First book possibly discuss ‘Active Hope’ by Joanna Macey and Chris Johnson.
Communication and Publicity: more info from Rob.
- Rob is transferring existing website content from https://transitionfalmouth.org.uk to a new site built with Wordpress, which will replace the existing site soon. Input invited re new content. Workshop planned for September.
- Bee has offered to set up a Facebook profile.
- Group discussed potential of an information stall at the Kimberley Park – Source FM/FTC “Park Live” – see http://www.thesourcefm.co.uk/parklive – two more after July 28th (in Aug and Sept)
- Car Club: ongoing. Lorely to request an update.
Waste and Resources: more info from Philip.
- Cornwall Council Advisory group – Tim Andrews (Green Party) is the Vice-Chairman of the Committee (keen to follow up our concerns re. recycling).
- Philip approaching Dave Saunby Falmouth and CC Councillor.
- Philip has updated the TF strategy document he produced 2 years ago. Rob and Philip to add it to website etc.
Building: more info from Lorely.
No activities at the moment.
Partnerships: more info from Lorely.
No activities at the moment.
Next meeting, 19:00-20:30, Wed 28th Aug 2013 at Star & Garter, 52 High St, Falmouth