Transition Falmouth: 27th Oct 2010. Notes of informal meeting at Star and Garter.
Present: Philip, Rob, Sophia, Lorely (notes).
The following are brief notes on a miscellany of items, please let me know of any additions and for more information on any of the following contact Lorely 317587 or email@example.com
- 10:10:10 event held at Trevone. 8 attended the TF combination Apple Day and Eco Gathering. West Briton and Falmouth Packet both had articles. (A 20 min video was produced by Ted Chapman, Ted unfortunately died a few days later.)
- Re Local Shops the only Falmouth dedicated vegetable shop (Stokes) appears to be closing.
- Local Food for School Meals: Meeting held at Marlborough School end of September focussed on Cornwall local food procurement. Meeting notes available from Lorely.
- Food Co-op in Falmouth : The Underground Mushrooms: (TUM): for more info contact Lorely.
- Cornwall Food Market http://www.cornishfoodmarket.co.uk a dedicated Cornwall wide website now online.
- Transition Helston have produced a local food directory.
- Spring Gardens Festival being organised for Falmouth, TF becoming involved.
- New Allotment site being offered on the edge of Mabe.
- A letter from TF was sent to Mabe Parish Council supporting the proposed wind turbine at Goodygrane. A similar letter to go to Cornwall Council.
- Ladock/Grampound Road and the Transition there has won the Cornwall Sustainable Village of the Year award. They have an inspirational energy project.
Waste and Resources:
- SITA meetings are being attended by Philip and Andrina.
- Philip making reports on Cornwall Waste issues on TF website.
- The local Household Waste Recycling Centre will be opening mid December.
IT, communication and promotion:
- Philip is to add TF website onto the Falmouth BIDS website.
- Rob requesting more articles for the website.
- Regular Film evenings proposed. The new Transition film now available: ‘The Turning Point’ – (a return to community). also a series of Powerdown films.
- Sustainability Week at Tremough Campus. 8th to 12th Nov. Full programme found on www.transitionfalmouth.org.uk
- Community Alive. June 4th 2011. Focusing on all Energy Issues (from Anaerobic Digestion to Befriending Schemes).
- The Big Bulb Plant event – http://www.thebigbulbplant.com (partnership Big Lunch project and Rotary) any day up to 30th November.
- Falmouth 350: A major event on October 5th 2011 to celebrate the 350th year of Falmouth’s Charter. (The Rotary Club to hold a lunch with Duke of Cornwall invited). Community Alive to hold the alternative/fringe lunch birthday party, free meal to be held at Methodist, period costumes, ‘gruel’ etc
- Film ‘End of Poverty’ being shown in November. (Partnership between Community Alive and Fairtrade Falmouth).
Next Meeting: 7:00pm 24th November. Star and Garter, High St, Falmouth.