Here is the report on Transition Falmouth’s activities over the past year, as included in the Annual Community Groups Reports 2017/18 submitted to Falmouth Town Council last week. See here for the full document (PDF) which includes some other groups.
Transition Falmouth has continued to meet monthly focusing on climate change issues, the need to conserve natural resources, and by working towards a resilient low carbon and circular economy for Falmouth and the surrounding area.
With this in mind our Core Group has:
- produced a Briefing designed to inform the sustainability element of emerging local Neighbourhood Plans.
- continued to expand and update a Local Food Guide.
- given on-going support to the new and developing not-for-profit Co-Cars Car Club for Falmouth and Penryn
- actively supported community-led housing initiatives for the Falmouth area (now embedded in the Plan for Falmouth).
- continued to respond to national and local consultations on waste and recycling including the proposed Resources & Waste (Materials) Strategy for Cornwall, and addressing the key issue of marine plastic litter, by supporting the work of Plastic Free Falmouth.
- is still active in implementing local renewable community energy production through Fal Energy Partnership.
Transition Falmouth continues to work with its partners to achieve its aims, by supporting practical projects, sharing information, and encouraging discussion via its website https://www.transitionfalmouth.org.uk, an email discussion group, and social media (twitter and facebook)