Transition Falmouth Meeting 25th September 2013 at Star and Garter 7:00pm. Brief updates follow – please contact individuals mentioned for clarification and full reports.
Arts and Crafts: more info from Lorely.
- Darnit (TF Arts and Crafts group) to set a date for relaunch.
- Arts and Crafts/Inner Transition: A Shared Threads group commencing in October.
Community: more info from Lorely.
- Community Alive Falmouth: no events being organised at the moment, http://falmouthalive.org.uk still active.
Economics: more info from Rob.
- LETS Falmouth( Local Exchange Trading System) – Falmouth LETS meets every fourth Monday in the month 7:30pm at Star and Garter, and has monthly work parties most of the year. (Sept work party helped on the outdoor classroom at Trevone – next workparty 19th Oct.) http://falmouthlets.org.uk – More info Rob.
Education: Skilling Up: more info from Lorely.
- Film evening at Rob’s being arranged. More info to follow (on TF discussion list)
- The ‘outdoor classroom’ at Trevone Trees is being visited by Marlborough Junior School this week.
Energy: more info from Lorely.
- Fal Energy Partnership: http://falenergy.org.uk
- Solar Club bulk purchase project ongoing.
- Energyshare crowd funding project started in Sept.
- A volunteer needed to run the communication side – media and publicity.
- Next Fal Energy mtg: Thursday 10th Oct. Falmouth Deli. 7:30.
- Fal Energy/TF have been invited to talk at Community Energy event 30th Oct at Tremough – Lorely and Charmian attending- others invited to register.
Food: more info from Lorely.
- Incredible Edible Penryn event : this weekend. Jenna attending and distributing TF and FalEnergy info. More info Jenna.
- Nothing more heard about Trelawney’s Field.
- A resident is setting up a Farmers Market in Mabe – Philip to write a TF letter of support.
Health and Wellbeing: more info from Lorely.
- Inner Transition/Arts and Crafts: A Shared Threads group commencing in October.
- Ongoing – Date to be arranged – Green Drinks/Book Club – First book possibly discuss ‘Active Hope’ by Joanna Macey and Chris Johnson. Henry from Falmouth LETS has offered to facilitate the group.
Communication and Publicity: more info from Rob.
- Rob has completed transfer of website onto new wordpress site. See http://transitionfalmouth.org.uk Workshop to follow in Oct.
- Bee has set up a Facebook profile for TF.
- Car Club: ongoing. More info Nigel and Caroline.
- TF has been approached by ‘fairtransport’ ship to reach Falmouth next year. The organisation has offered to give talk for TF end Oct. Lisa and Jenna to organise.
Waste and Resources: more info from Philip.
- Letter/email has been sent to Cornwall Council advocating Eunomia report as a budget measure for CC. Philip also sending on to other relevant organisations.
- Local Waste and Resources Strategy in hand hopefully ready by November.
Building: more info from Lorely.
- No activities at the moment.
Partnerships: more info from Lorely.
- No activities at the moment.
Next meeting, 19:00-20:30, Wed 23rd October 2013 at Star & Garter, 52 High St, Falmouth