24th Oct 2011: Fal Energy Partnership and Transition Falmouth meeting. 7:00pm at The Poly.
Present: Charmian, MikeJ, Rachel, Jeremy, Tony, Janette, Amy, Bryony, Lisa, Jake, Lorely (notes)
Apologies: Rob Follett, Tim Light, Robin Curtis, Peter Rugg
The FEP Report: Energy and Transport
- More data produced by Charmian and Jake.
- Nick compiling a report on local food production (draft notes to follow).
- First FEP report deadlined for 17th Nov event.
The FEP Vision:
Discussion re Vision/Scenario building. Some additional suggested frameworks:
- Environment Agency Scenarios 2030: http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk
- Cornwall 2050: Community Energy Plus. http://cornwall2050.co.uk
- PlanLoCal: http://www.cse.org.uk / http://www.planlocal.org.uk
- Scenario framework for the world in 2030: Ross Dawson
- David Holmgren Future Scenarios: http://www.futurescenarios.org
- Government target of 80% reduction CO2 by 2050
Considered: work in progress, need time for progress of project. n.b.: Public engagement best when fun and of financial benefit; difficulty engaging the public in long term planning. Important to find out what ‘locals want it to look like in the future’.
Promotion and Publicity:
- Regular article in local paper: Nick, Jake, Lorely and Bryony
The Poly Event – 17th Nov, 7:30pm: Creating Local Energy Wealth:
- Formal presentations from Jake: Wadebridge(WREN); Chris Jones: Ladock and Grampound; Amy/?: CEP; Charmian: FEP report. Chair: Mike G.
- Discussion/Question Time: Chair Rory MacPhee.
- Cornwall 2050 activity boards on display.
Please put the following invite out:
- Creating Local Energy Wealth: Fal Energy Partnership developing an integrated renewable energy plan for energy wealth for the area. Join us to find out how some communities are already ensuring a secure energy future for themselves and what is happening here.
Future Poly events: approx every 2 months. ‘Our Energy Future’ Series
- Jan date tba. Stephen Frankel (WREN) able to come. Meeting title: ‘Inspire 2012’.
- Following evening: approx March: participatory event possibly PlanLoCal.
- A meeting tba for transport focus eg Bike Festival Day (possible bike maintenance workshop, rally etc). Also to engage with the CC 2013 Implementation Plan with the £30k dedicated to a cycle plan for Falmouth & Penryn for 2011/2012.
- Produce a Welcome Pack/ Green Guide to the area for students and locals. Lorely to request funding from Falmouth Town Council.
- Resource lists: Lorely compiling relevant resource material for: Energy; Transport; Community Plans and Projects; Community Economics. Please send suggestions, reports, plans, video, youtube links etc to email@example.com
- Contact Arts for Health re possible joint project.
- 17th Nov in The Poly.
Please see following youtube/vimeo films: