|Waste: reduce , reuse, recycle – exploring solutions that turn waste from a burden to a resource.
We have produced a proposal for a Waste and Resources Strategy and Action Plan for the Falmouth and Penryn Community Network Area (updated Jan 2014)
Posts related to Waste & Recycling follow below:
Links related to Waste & Recycling
- Battery Recycling- Mark Hatwood's pioneering work in establishing community battery recycling in Cornwall
- Canvas Bags set to take Falmouth supermarkets by storm- Amusing motivational and comic piece to persuade us to change the world by shopping with canvas, not plastic, bags (nickswallow).
- Falmouth Freegle (was Freecycle)- Throwing something away? Stop! If you live in the Falmouth area, please offer your reusable items to other group members. Keep it out of the waste stream by giving it away to someone who can re-use it.
- Organic Power Ltd- Anaerobic Digestion for the 21st Century using the Maltin® System
- Re-dress- Re-dress transforms the clothing that you love, can not bear to throw away but no longer wear into unique new garments. Either let us do it for you or let us teach you how to do it for yourself. Based in Penryn
- Readymade- American magazine of recycled design and craft.
- Rezolve- Cornish not-for-profit which promotes recycling and runs some recycling initiatives.
- Tetrapak Recycling- Excellent map showing Tetrapak Recycling for all local authorities in the UK (90%, sadly Cornwall is currently amongst the 10% that don't)
- The Electronic Waste Co.- Based in Pool industrial estate, are well-up for re-use if possible.
- The Humanure Handbook- Electronic version of the American classic on composting human waste.
- The Rubbish Diet- Can the average person really create zero waste? Karen Cannard, a mother of 2, from Bury St Edmunds gave it a go in 2008 and blogged about it all. By the end of an 8 week trial she threw away only one plaster! 5 years on, she’s still blogging. She’s teamed up the social enterprise Cwm Harry to bring The Rubbish Diet Challenge across the UK.
- Wardrobe Refashion- Refashioned, renovated, recycled, crafted or created items of clothing.
see news archive for all posts on this website.