Food from soil to the table, growing, cooking and enjoying.
We have compiled a list of Local Food Resources which you can submit additions to.
Posts and comments related to Food follow below:
Links related to Food
- Chyan- Chyan Cultural Centre and Community Field. Chyan Community Field is a vibrant, well used project with visitors from near and far. Courses include fruit tree pruning and grafting, herbal medicines, growing winter veg, composting, cob building, micro-generation, dowsing, organic dyes, willow basket making, living willow sculptures, polytunnel growing as well as lots of community events.
- Cornish Food market- Shop online for local Cornish produce. Locally run.
- DIY cookstoves- DIY cookstoves from first principals, from Aprovecho Research Centre.
- Eat The Suburbs- Creative suburban adaptations to peak oil and climate change.
- Edible Landscape- Environmental conservation & sustainable land use.
- Grow Biointensive- Small-scale agricultural system — Grow Biointensive® Sustainable Mini-Farming — that nurtures soil, produces high yields, conserves resources and can be used successfully by almost everyone.
- Grow Sheffield- Urban food growing.
- Instructables- How to make simple seed pots out of old newspaper.
- localfood.org.uk- enabling local and sustainable food enterprise
- Plants For A Future- Plants For A Future is a resource centre for rare and unusual plants, particularly those which have edible, medicinal or other uses. We practise vegan-organic permaculture with emphasis on creating an ecologically sustainable environment...
- Seeds for Change- Training and Support for Grassroots Campaign groups. Seeds for Change can offer some free workshops and training for grassroots campaigners, as well as briefings and resources. We work together with activists and campaigners in the UK to help them organis
- Slow Food- Slow Food is a non-profit, eco-gastronomic member-supported organization that was founded in 1989 to counteract fast food and fast life, the disappearance of local food traditions and people’s dwindling interest in the food they eat...
- Soil Association- We are the UK's leading environmental charity promoting sustainable, organic farming and championing human health.
- Stroud Community Agriculture- Built on cooperation and mutual support the risks and rewards of farming are shared between the farmers and consumers. All the produce from the farm is shared between the supporting consumers or sold locally if there is a surplus.
- The Agroforestry Research Trust- The Agroforestry Trust researches and supplies information, plants and seeds for temperate agroforestry.
- The Biodynamic Agricultural Association- Founded on a holistic and spiritual understanding of nature and the human being's role within it, Biodynamic Agriculture builds on more than 75 years of world wide farming experience.
- The Real Seed Company- The Real Seed Company is a not-for-profit which sells and promotes non-hybridised seed, suited to our climate. They encourage seed saving.
- Transition Town Totnes Garden Share Project- This is a local initiative linking up people who have an unused corners of their garden with local committed growers.
- VegExchange- VegExchange is set up to help people to buy, sell or exchange home grown vegetables in their local area.
see news archive for all posts on this website.