|Power, Heat, Water, Fuel etc Alternatives to fossil fuels. Appropriate contemporary technology, information and exploration.
Fal Energy Partnership grew from TF’s interest in these issues in 2011-12 and now has its own website: http://falenergy.org.uk
Posts and comments related to Energy follow below:
Links related to Energy
- Autonopedia- Some very detailed information on renewable energy systems, including pedal power, making your own generators etc.
- Biodiesel Filling Stations- The single purpose of this site is to provide a list of places in the UK where people can fill their diesel vehicle with Biodiesel.
- Carbon Calculators- Carbon calculators from Centre for Alternative Technology.
- Centre for Alternative Technology- The Centre for Alternative Technology, based in Wales, has pioneered many alternative building techniques and forms of alternative energy. They publish many excellent books on a wide variety of topics and run courses.
- Community Energy Plus- CEP is a registered charity and 'profit recycling' company dedicated to reducing the carbon dioxide emissions that contribute to climate change (global warming)
- Community Power Cornwall- Community owned renewable energy generation through public share issue
- Cornwall Switch- Welcome to Cornwall Switch. We’re here to help you take one simple, cheap yet highly effective step towards reducing the greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming.
- DIY cookstoves- DIY cookstoves from first principals, from Aprovecho Research Centre.
- Energy Beyond Oil- Supporting website for Paul Mobbs' excellent "Energy Beyond Oil" book
- Energy4All- Energy4All is the UKs leading expert in community-owned renewable energy schemes.
- Fal Energy Partnership- Partnership for an integrated energy plan for Falmouth and Penryn Community Network area.
- How I built an electricity producing solar panel- Solar panels are very expensive though. So I decided to try my hand at building my own (american)
- How I home-built an electricity producing wind turbine- This is the story of how I did it. Not with an expensive, store-bought turbine, but with a home-built one that cost hardly anything. If you have some fabricating skills and some electronic know-how, you can build one too. (for charging 12 V batteries)
- Journey To Forever- Lots of interesting DIY information, especially on biodiesel.
- Low Impact Living Initiative- The Low Impact Living Initiative (LILI) runs courses and publishes information on low-impact building techniques such as strawbale, cob, timber, and on all sorts of things including making your own biodiesel, renewable energy etc.
- Organic Power Ltd- Anaerobic Digestion for the 21st Century using the Maltin® System
- R-Eco- Renewable Energy Cooperative based near Penzance
- The Yellow House- This site tells the story of how a family turned their 1930s ex-council house into their environmental dream home. They wanted to reduce their energy consumption by two thirds and renovate their home using sustainable materials, but without losing comfort
- Wattstor- the WATTSTOR™ system saves electricity generated by your PV or other renewables systems for later use rather than exporting it to the grid. Company based in Cornwall.
- Wave Hub Project- Groundbreaking renewable energy project in the South West of England that aims to create the UK's first offshore facility for the demonstration and proving of the operation of arrays of wave energy generation devices.
- Western Renewable Energy- Western Renewable Energy is a specialist in hydro power, operating throughout the south west and beyond. We can offer services to potential developers and land owners from initial pre-feasibility studies, through design and construction, to operational s
see news archive for all posts on this website.