|Economics and Livelihoods as affected by Peak Oil, including strategies for relocalising the above, such as Credit Unions, LETS and Timebanks, and initiatives such as Freecycle.Related posts follow below:
Links related to Economics
- Timebanks UK- Time Banks UK is the national umbrella charity linking and supporting time banks across the country by providing inspiration, guidance and practical help.
- The Lewes Pound- Excellent website about The Lewes Pound. Launched September 2008 by Transition Lewes, the second Transition Initiative to launch a local currency
- The Lean Economy- "The Lean Economy - A Vision of Civility for a World in Trouble" by David Fleming
- The Carbon Trust- Promotes a low carbon economy
- Money as Debt- Simple animation with narrative about how money works and how it relies on growth as a paradigm.
- Kernow Credit Union- Local and ethical savings and loans
- Kabin - Social Economy & Cooperative Development Cornwall- Kabin is the trading name of Social Economy & Co-operative Development Cornwall Limited, a Co-operative Development Body based in Cornwall.
- Feasta- Feasta aims to identify the characteristics (economic, cultural and environmental) of a truly sustainable society, articulate how the necessary transition can be effected and promote the implementation of the measures required for this purpose.
- Falmouth Shopper Card- was the first of its kind in Cornwall when it was launched three years ago, in July 2007. It is a scheme whereby residents and visitors purchasing a shoppers discount card that entitles them to a variety of discounts in shops and businesses across Falmout
- Falmouth LETS- Falmouth's Local Exchange Trading Scheme
- Falmouth Freegle (was Freecycle)- Throwing something away? Stop! If you live in the Falmouth area, please offer your reusable items to other group members. Keep it out of the waste stream by giving it away to someone who can re-use it.
- Chris Martenson's Crash Course- An American take on the converging lines of economics, peak oil and environment - 20 short videos on what is going on and where it is headed - and why the next 20 years will be very different from the last.
see news archive for all posts on this website.